It’s still processing, but should be up soon (Friday, October 31):
BOO! Happy Halloween, and welcome to Episode 8. I have a very special guest joining me this week. Alison and I had a lot of fun recording. We might have gotten a little silly…
The Dudester by Jana Pihota (free pattern). I’m making this for Coffee Guy at our knitting group’s new meeting place. I’m using Red Heart Comfort in Charcoal (3220) on size US 7 needles.
Curly Purly Soaker Pattern by Marnie Ann Joyce (free pattern). She’s making these as a shower gift for a coworker using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash Worsted, and Knit Picks Swish Worsted. She called the diaper cover “Bumblebum” because of the stripe colours (yellow and black) and I think it’d be awesome if this had a little stinger on the back, haha!
On The Radar:
Cloud Bay by Justyna Lorkowska ($6.50 US). I want to make this so much! It was faved on Ravelry by polaropposites. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Little Hearts by Teresa Fox (free Ravelry download). There are so many ways you could use these adorable little hearts. I am so glad I saw that JKnits51 queued it!
Twig & Branch by Jennifer Beever ($4.00 CAD). Ravelry user Collamer is making a beautiful pair of these. I hope you finish them up soon!
– I bought two skeins of Patons Kroy Socks Ragg Shades in the Green Striped Ragg colourway.
– I also bought two skeins of Regia Viva Colour (sorry, I couldn’t find colourway names!). I couldn’t find anything on the actual Schachenmayr website, but I did find this little blurb about Regia on the Westminster Fibers website:
‘First to introduce “fun” into sock knitting, Regia continues to be the leader of sock yarn prints and innovations in the hand knitting market. Regia’s best selling 4ply wool is the longest lasting sock wool – with a ten year guarantee for wearabilty. This year, Regia is pleased to offer the Kaffe Fassett design yarn series for exciting sock knitting.’
So, it does indeed sound like Regia offers a ten year guarantee on wearability… does this mean it’s good for ten years after I knit the item?? Crazy!
– I received a few lovely gifts from Alison upon her return from Rhinebeck including a skein of Fiber Optic Yarns by Kimber Baldwin Designs. I have the 100% Merino Lace in Pandora. I also received a Swirls Color Pack from Bartlett Yarns in the Peacock Feathers colours.
– New App: Stash2Go links directly to your Ravelry account for easy browsing/updating on the go. Available for free for iPhone and Android devices. Yay! There is a “Full” version available (it’s $3.28 CAD to update, but I haven’t played with it enough to see the difference).
– I also promised pictures of…
Be sure to let me know if there are things I mentioned that I’ve missed making notes about. Talk to you soon!