Hello, All! Welcome to another episode of Knitting in Stitches. I made some apologies this episode for my darn ringer still being on (yup… my sister is still pregnant!) and being sniffly. Allergies are a jerk.
French Press Felted Slippers by Melynda Bernardi ($7USD) – I am so close to finishing these! They are felted and drying and I should be able to show them to you next week! They are knit from two kinds of handspun (100% Corriedale and Knit Picks Peruvian Highland Wool) that my friend Alison (alicats) made for me. I am really, really happy with them and already want to make more!
Spring Training Cap by Linda Permann (Unavailable) – This might just be the cutest hat that ever existed. All I have left to do is the embroidered ‘stitching’ feature along the sides, and weaving in ends. I’m so excited! The yarn is Rowan Pure Wool Worsted in Soft Cream (102) and Rich Red (124).
I showed two project bags that I bought from Ella’s Cottage located in Charlottetown, PEI.
RJsMom and Bibite asked on Ravelry about my favourite farm fibers, where I like to shop for yarn and supplies (local and online), and if I have any favourite indie dyers. I talked about this in a very general sense, because it’s something that I’m still exploring and learning about. Hopefully my chatter doesn’t bore you terribly. Here are some links to places I mentioned:
- Belfast Mini Mills
- MacAusland’s Woolen Mills
- Northern Watters Knitwear (I don’t think I actually mentioned their name, but they’re the touristy shop that sells sweaters made from MacAusland’s wool)
- Owl’s Hollow – Their website is for their toys and games. I don’t think I’ve seen yarn on there.
- Knit Picks
- The Loopy Ewe
- SewDyeNamic DyeNamic Yarn
100 Member Giveaway: Our Ravelry Group is currently at 85 or so members. When it reaches 100, I will be drawing for two prizes:
- A skein of 100% alpaca (worsted weight) from Grannie’s Alpacas in Cardigan PEI (Sorry, no website)
- A pattern of your choosing from Ravelry up to $10 CAD (Approx $9 USD)
I’m also starting a series of December Giveaways. Here’s what you need to know:
- There will be a thread for entries in the Ravelry group called “December Giveaway: Week 1” where I will ask you to answer a very simple question. I swear, it’s really easy.
- One entry per person
- You must be a group member to be eligible to win
- The thread will be locked at 7:30 pm atlantic standard time on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1ST!!! (not December 30th like I said in the podcast).
- The prize for this week includes an adorable “Cowlendar” and an novelty magnet from Cows Creamery here in Prince Edward Island.
That’s about it! I’m so glad you joined me and I look forward to chatting with you again next week. Happy Crafting!